Language educators know that pictures are indispensable for the many visual learners in the language classroom. That's why the 596 pictures in the Perfect Pics© For Learning English (ESL), French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic or any language, book have been developed. Teachers realize that pictures are mandatory in the language classroom for all levels and all ages. They help in many ways:
- Visual learners learn better when they can see what they are learning or hearing.
- Non-readers (either due to age, ability, or unfamiliarity with the writing system) need pictures as they acquire new words.
-Translation is not needed if pictures are used and therefore acquisition is faster and more permanent.
- Activities and games using pictures are very helpful and fun.
- Oral work is made possible with picture stimuli.
- Flashcards or individual picture dictionaries
- Use for visually responding to songs or other listening activities
One of the main advantages to using Perfect Pics © is that there are very many verbs, adjectives and other pictures. These are very accessible and ready for you to put on your quizzes, flashcards, games, exercises and more. There are patterns and suggestions for use in the back, as well as answers or labels in English French, Spanish, Chinese and Arabic. Of course ANY language learners can benefit from using these pictures, regardless of language. The groups of pictures included are:
32 everyday expressions
subject pronouns (You- singular, plural, formal and more)
112 verbs (grouped )
Prepositions of place
64 food pics
48 animals (good for science teachers, too)
extra subject pronouns (especially designed for learning Arabic)
You may prefer or want to add the Perfect Pics CD (digital pics), available here on TES.
These pictures are excellent to use FOR YOUR CLASSROOM ONLY- NOT FOR YOUR PUBLICATIONS OR FOR YOUR FRIEND. It is clip art, but not copyright free clip art.