This 15 Pre-Algebra Task Card resource allows your students to review pre-algebra word problems including problems which involve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Example Questions Include: Question 1: On Wednesday, 83 students went on a trip to the museum. 4 buses were filled and 3 students had to travel in a taxi. How many students were in each bus? Question 4: A florist made 210 Bouquets in 5 days. How many Bouquets did the florist make in 1 day?
This resource is very unique. It can be utilized in a clue gathering, puzzle solving, highly active and engaging activity for those learning about solving Pre-Algebra Word Problems or as an alternative to worksheet review for older students. What I love to do is have the kids go through the activity for the first half or two thirds of our review period then spend the remainder of the time reviewing the questions as a class on the overhead projector. Do you use Math Workshops in your class? These would be perfect! All answers are included and the game is really easy to understand.
I've also included a simple word document which just contains the questions and answers. I usually give this out to my students after we've completed the activity for them to review at home.
- 15 Task Cards
- Student worksheet
- Teacher answer key
- Task Card Review Game Word Chart
- A complete answer chart for teacher and/or student use
1) Task card review game - lots of fun!
- Students are placed in groups of two and have to work their way through the task cards. Each task card answer leads the student to a clue (a word).
- Once the group has completed each task card they will have enough clues to solve the puzzle.
- Once the group has solved the puzzle, they are the winner.
2) Typical task card review.
- You can simply distribute the Task Cards to your class for individual, group or whole class review
- The Task Cards can be projected on the board for whole class review
- The cards work well as cue cards, test review, etc.