Ten-Minute Grammar is a comprehensive grammar curriculum for middle-school or junior-high students. Using only the first ten minutes of each day, Ten-Minute Grammar units help students learn a range of grammar skills that build on one another. Each unit comes with a variety of resources, including bellwork activities, quizzes, practice worksheets, and more.
In addition, examples in each unit are taken from popular young-adult novels to spark students' interest in reading a new book. Practice examples in this unit make references to STARGIRL by Jerry Spinelli.
Students should understand that…
- “Editing,” “Proofreading,” and “Copy Editing” are synonyms that mean checking for and correcting grammatical errors in a piece of writing.
- The use of standard proofreading marks helps avoid confusion when you’re editing your own work or someone else’s.
Students should be able to…
- Use the proper proofreading mark to indicate an error in a text.
- Make the appropriate corrections to a text based on someone else’s proofreading marks.
18 PAGES - INCLUDED RESOURCES:
- 7 days of ten-minute bellwork activities
- Daily "Wordplay" activities to engage students in language skills and critical thinking
- 3 quarter-sheet mini proofreading practice pages
- 1 practice worksheet
- A unit quiz
- A two-sided handout (or two posters) with common proofreading marks
- A teacher's guide with daily lesson instructions, helpful tips, and complete answer keys
Files come as PDFs for quick printing or projecting as well as MS Word files for customization (font files are included).
Created by Arik Durfee