No prep 100+ page novel study for Rules by Cynthia Lord (Focus Skill: Character)
* Skill sheets for Common Core Literature Standards grade 3-4:
- Plot Line
- Character Studies
- Point of View
- Compare and Contrast stories/characters
- Illustration Study
* Unit plans for three weeks of reading
* Charts detailing the Common Core Standards and which skill sheets address them
* Student Workbook cover page
* Quiz for every chapter- focus on character development
* Vocabulary words, definitions and activities
* Writing Prompts
* Detailed Answer Keys
Everything you need to discover the joy and pain of having a brother with autism and trying to build friendship through the eyes of Catherine. Your class will love this novel, full of personality, friendship and life lessons. You will love having them reading and learning with no worries about prep time.
Rules is a wonderful story that can be used in a variety of ways. Choose to read it as a whole class, read aloud, in guided reading groups, in literature circles or let students read it independently using Rules Novel Study as a guide. Great for independent summer reading.
However you choose to use this Rules Novel Study, you and your class are certain to get swept away in the story while addressing comprehension skills, learning new vocabulary words, meeting the Common Core State Standards and enjoying every step of the way!