"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” - Groucho Marx
“The problem with common sense is that most people are morons.” - The Sarcasm Society
Sarcasm can be witty, but in the school environment it can be hurting. Teach your students to recognise sarcasm and to be careful with its use.
This bundle includes a great introductory Full Quality narrated slidedeck that introduces the topic of sarcasm.
The slidedeck includes:
- samples from Groucho Marx,
- how sarcasm can hurt others,
- some samples for students to test their sarcasm detector, and
- some examples for sarcastic body language.
The bundle also includes a starter pack of humour worksheets centred around the topic of Sarcasm.
- Irony v Sarcasm
- Sarcasm Detector
- Sarcasm as Verbal Bullying
- Groucho Marx and his form of Sarcasm
- Comparing Sarcasm with being Sincere
- Plotting types of Sarcasm on the Nasty v Nice scale, and the Funny v not Funny scale
... and more
Great fun for the classroom, but this pack also relates to the topic of emotional bullying and how some words that seem funny to others can impact a victim's feelings.