Science Article Bundle Volume 2 - Grade 8 and Up. This completed bundle contains 30 reading comprehension (disciplinary literacy) articles. Within this bundle, each reading only costs $1.53. That's a savings of 74% vs. purchasing each article individually. This bundle is meant for grades 8 and above.
The Problem You Face - Not having the time to properly teach scientific literacy (disciplinary literacy) or improve your students reading comprehension and analysis skills.
This fully editable, NO PREP collection of reading comprehension articles is composed of relevant, applicable and engaging reading activities which can be used to:
• introduce your topic
• improve your students reading comprehension and scientific literacy skills
• improve your students analysis skills
• provide an extension activity to students who move at a faster pace
• provide extra credit to students in need
• measure your students literacy skills
Furthermore, this resource works very well as an emergency substitute plan as it will keep your students on task and focused while you are away.
Each resource will take your students between 50-75 minutes to complete and includes some open-ended questions. An answer key is also included for your reference.
You might also be interested in the following individual reading comprehension articles:
• The Common Cold
• The Flu
• Exercise and its Importance for Health
• Stem Cell Therapy: The Future of Medicine?
• Poliomyelitis - Polio
• The Measles
• Genetics and Gene Therapy
• Heart Diseases
• The Effects of Caffeine
• Fossil Fuels
• Nuclear Energy: Fission and Fusion
• The Chemistry of Explosions
• Plastics: A Marvel Of Innovation
• The Chemistry of Paint
• Magnets and Electromagnets
• The Limitations of Space Travel
• Volcanoes: The Benefits and Devastation
• Invasive Species
How this product will help your students:
- Improve their scientific and disciplinary literacy skills
- Improve their reading comprehension and scientific knowledge
- Give them insights into important scientific concepts
- Provide an extension activity for your faster moving/more gifted students