Science Experiment Briefcase
Are you looking for a fun, simple, and effective way to incorporate more science experiments into your classroom this year?
The Experiment Briefcase is a favorite in my classroom year after year, children absolutely love being the weekly scientist! Imagine a classroom of eager students waiting for their name stick to be drawn, just so they can have a turn at preparing a presentation for the classroom. It's like magic!
I have used the briefcase in second through fourth grade and the results are always the same, children loving learning! But that's not the best part, after the initial creation of the briefcase, there is absolutely no preparation for the classroom teacher. What can possibly be better?
This lesson includes:
* The Journey of a Scientist- Briefcase packet cover page
* Experiment Briefcase Parent Letter
* Science Vocabulary- Definition page for students
* Top Three Choices- Students evaluate three favorite experiments
* Experiment Supply List- Materials that need to be purchased
* Scientific Process- Children identify purpose, hypothesis, materials, procedure, and results
* Tips for a Great Speech- Organization and advice for classroom presentation
* Student Reflection
* Science Experiment Timeline
In addition, the Experiment Briefcase-The Journey of a Scientist also includes six science vocabulary posters on the following topics: