VotesforSchools is an online voting platform that provides weekly debate resources for KS1, KS2, secondary and colleges. We’re now happy to offer some of our most popular lessons as individual downloads. The lessons make fantastic whole-scheme assemblies and are aligned to British Values. Our materials also provide Ofsted-ready evidence for SMSC, citizenship, personal development and PSHE. Check our our website for more information about joining over 500 schools that use our resources weekly.
Some notes about this lesson;
- This topic is highly sensitive. Please check your school’s safeguarding policy before teaching and consider checking through the materials beforehand.
- It is very important this week that you stick to the given timing on the videos (e.g. 1:32-2:30), due to inappropriate content outside these times. Our usual video sharing platform SafeShareTV will not allow conversion of some videos due to the nature of their content, and our alternative video viewing platform Viewpure doesn’t always cut off the videos when it should.
- We have created a template letter to parents/carers (click here to download) should you want to inform them of the discussion on county lines.
- If you have more time, we advise that you use 45-minute lesson to allow students time to explore this serious issue.
This lesson pack contains;
- 15 minute lesson presentation & lesson plan
- 45 minute lesson presentation & lesson plan
- Advanced Lesson Presentation & lesson plan
- Cross-Curricular Ideas
- SMSC, British values and Prevent evidence