This resource contains a 37 slide PowerPoint lesson on the literary devices of similes and metaphors
The content includes
1. Explanation and definition of simile and metaphors.
2. Why they are used.
3. Examples of similes and metaphors from poetry and literature -I wandered Lonely As a Cloud (William Wordsworth) , The Ancient Mariner (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), The Highwayman (Alfred Noyes), My luv is like a red, red rose ( Robert Burns) and the Bible.
4. The difference between similes and metaphors.
5. Opportunities within the PowerPoint for pupils to identify similes and metaphors.
6. Images to stimulate students to compose their own similes and metaphors.
An accompanying set of worksheets on similes and metaphors is also available:
This resource contains a set of 16 worksheets on identifying and using similes and metaphors.
Resource contents include
1.Worksheets on identifying similes and metaphors in sentences and poetry and literature from The Ancient Mariner by Coleridge, Sea Fever by John Masefield, I wandered lonely as a cloud by William Wordsworth, The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes, A red, red rose by Robert Burns, several bible verses and Shakespeare quotes.
2. Worksheets on composing sentences and short paragraphs containing similes and metaphors on themes including foggy day, the haunted house, the snow, the combine harvester, candle flame, trees, hate, love, happiness.
3. A poster on the difference between similes and metaphors.
4. An explanation sheet with examples of metaphors and similes and the difference between them.
Save money and buy both resources together at a discounted rate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.