This resource is a 56 slide fully editable, informative and highly visual assembly / lesson powerpoint, with simple text, on the life and work of William Shakespeare, ‘’The Bard of Avon’. It is suitable for primary pupils and older SEN pupils. It is an ideal resource for World Book Day and Shakespeare Week.
This resource includes references to the following:-
- His birthplace and parentage
- His family
- References to, and excerpts from, well-known plays – Hamlet, Macbeth, Midsummer Night’s
- The Globe Theatre and Shakespeare Memorial Theatre
- The Puritans' banning of theatres and plays
- The Royal Shakespeare Company
- Shakespeare's contribution to the English language
- His burial place
- New Place
- List of his plays in chronological order
There are hyperlinks to engaging short clips (3 minutes) of MacBeth – film and opera versions.
A more detailed, slightly longer, 67 slide presentation is also available
William Shakespeare Lesson / Assembly Presentation
Other Shakespeare Resources
Shakespeare - Set of 45 Quote Posters
These posters contain powerful images and a range of quotes -some poignant, some comedic, some tragic and some romantic - all illustrate Shakespeare’s mastery of words, his skilful use of language and poetic devices. This is an ideal resource to promote discussion or for display purposes or for use in an assembly.
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this 'must have' step by step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow!