Are your students ready to solve the case? To solve the mystery, students will need to be able to find the slope using two points, the equation of a line and graphs. Students follow clues, written and visual, to solve a mystery. An engaging way to practice, review or assess slope.
This product includes:
- Detective Scenario
- Map of locations
- Clickable clues with the slope of linear equations
- Complete teacher's guide and answer key
Digital resources are great for differentiating. These provide a great way for students to work in a 1:1 environment. Easy to assess or for homework.
A pencil-and-paper version of this resource is available here.
Finding the slope is part of the common core standard 8.EE.B.6. and HSA-CED.A.2
A great addition to your pre-Algebra and Algebra class. My students love this activity. Use at math centers, station activities or for whole class practice and review.
This activity works well with:
- Slope: Find the Slope from 2 points Interactive Notebook foldable (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope Using 2 Points Practice and Review Scavenger Hunt cards
If you like the math detectives, find more math detective, quests and adventures here.
Save by purchasing as part of a bundle of activities:
- All about Algebra 1: Algebra 1 Ultimate Teacher Resource Bundle
Slope resources include:
- Find the Slope from 2 points: Guided notes and practice
- Find the Slope from a Graph and an Equation: Notes and Practice (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope from 2 points Practice Activity (8.EE.B.6.)
- Slope: Find the Slope of an Equation Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6)
- Slope: Find the Slope of a Graph Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6)
- Slope: Find the Slope Using 2 Points Practice and Review (CCSS.8.EE.B.6
- Slope and Linear Equations: Snowflake Project
- Slope Math Detective: Mixed review activity
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.