nstead of giving students special right triangles to memorize, it’ll be more meaningful for your students to see determine the relationships of sides of special right triangles. This inquiry activity is meant to help students in both deducing the sides of special right triangles and remembering how to apply this rule.
Included in this resource:
- 2 inquiry activity options for deducing the sides of special right triangles (1 requires knowledge of Pythagorean theorem)
- Formal notes for after inquiry
- Practice problems
- 2 versions of each of the above - one for interactive notebooks and one for classrooms that do not use interactive notebooks
- Answer Key
Geometry resources include:
- Distance and Midpoint formula Interactive Notebook
- Distance and Midpoint formula Math Detective Activity
- Complementary and Supplementary Angles Interactive Notebook and Card Sort
- Complementary and Supplementary Angles Treasure Hunt
- Parallel and Perpendicular Lines Card Sort Station Activity
- Geometry Constructions Notes and Inquiry (coming in September 2016)
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.