Practice spellings with the Wizard Spell Sheet.
Includes 12 Spell Sheets. Each sheet features a word with a split digraph 'o-e'.
Uses the same words as the 'I Can Spell 1.14' resource (available separately).
Use the Wizard Spell Sheet to practice spellings, handwriting and consolidate understanding of letters and words.
- Wave your Wand: Trace the spelling in lowercase, uppercase and cursive
- Write on a Web: Trace the spelling with funky spider writing
- Magic Mirror: Have a go at the tricky challenge of writing the spelling backwards!
- Spelling Cauldron: Match each letter of the spelling to the letters above the cauldron
- Wizard's Washing Line: Cut out the mixed up letters at the bottom of the sheet and then stick them in the correct order to the washing line
Also includes the Spelling Wizard certificate to recognise excellent spelling and a guide to each section of the sheets on a Powerpoint file.
I am happy to make changes for versions in US-English (please message me with details).
Follow me for future updates.
This SOUNDS FOR READING resource consists of 22 worksheets to teach and/or reinforce the split digraph O - E sound. There are opportunities for learning new vocabulary, practicing words and writing sentences using the split digraph.
This resource is particularly useful for TA's who need extra work for one to one sessions.
I just made this powerpoint after failing to find something that physically shows the ie digraph splitting. I'm going to ask the children to try and read the words on the word list with a partner.\nI&'ll also write the ie grapheme on paper which we can actually split in half.\n\nSorry for the simple appearance, I may jazz it up if I get a chance- otherwise feel free to add clipart etc yourself!
A 5 page visual timetable which I have on my IWB when the children come in each morning. I have also printed it out this year, laminated each day and created a booklet which hangs up in the class and the children turn over each day. So they can see it at anytime of the day. Let me know what you think!
A powerpoint with a think back slide and chick slides which you can edit and print out. The word file has 3 differentiated worksheets for children to use at their tables with the Easter chicks from the powerpoint,
A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.
64 fun and engaging topics on which to base short/extended writing activities. Adapted from 642 Things to Write About (Young Writer's Edition), this resource comes complete with inspirational picture 'hooks' to really stimulate writing.
- Appropriate for use at KS1/2/3/4
- Ideal for literacy starters
- Easily differentiated
- Incredibly open-ended
- Thought provoking and challenging
- Sparks creativity and technical writing skills
- Perfectly adaptable (videos, role play, etc.)