These 11 digital task cards on the BOOM Learning website relate to subtraction from 10 using a Ten Frame to complete subtraction sentences and word problems. There are word problems on which the subtraction equations are modelled on. The game requires students to drag and drop and fill-in-the-blank boxes.
If the student completes all the tasks correctly, he/she will see a green circle and hear a bell sound and the background of the fill-in-the blank box will turn blue. The deck will automatically move onto the next card.
If any of the tasks are incorrect, then a red circle will appear together with a ‘whoops’ sound and the background of the fill-in-the-blank box will turn pink.
The player can try again until the correct answer(s) is submitted.
Benefits of game:
- Students revise subtraction using pictorial representation.
- Students complete a formal subtraction equation
- The game introduces students to one-step word problems.
To sample the first 4 cards
BOOM Cards are Internet Activities.
There is no prep work, printing or laminating – it’s paperless!
What you will get when you download:
• A PDF Document with a LINK to access the full deck which is hosted on Boom Learning Website.
• Teacher Notes about BOOM Cards™
So, what is Boom Learning?
• Boom Learning is a platform and set of tools for making and delivering Boom Cards, cloud-based digital learning resources, such as digital task cards, digital escape games, and more.
• To use Boom Cards you need to have a Boom Learning account. This is to keep kids safe. Accounts range from free to paid memberships.
More About Boom Learning
• To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet.
• Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge).
• Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
• For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards.
• You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards).
• Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
• For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account.
Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
Thank you for visiting my shop:)