A set of Summer Holidays WIDGIT symbols for use in sentence construction activities or as individual symbols. Perfect activity for the first week back and to see what level your new students are working at.
Symbols include: swimming, holiday, beach, shops, cinema and more, as well as all relevant sentence starters and verbs!
Differentiate by altering the amount of symbols given and how they should be used. From using single symbols to make choices or paste down, connecting symbols, constructing short sentences or using as a prompt for students own writing.
Possible Learning Objectives:
- To select symbols from a choice of X to show what I did during summer.
- To use two symbols to make a meaningful utterance ‘swimming, beach / brother, playing’
- To use symbols to make a 3/4 key word sentence
- To construct a sentence using provided symbols within a formatted grid
- To use symbols as a prompt to write a short, simple sentence about what I did in the summer
- To copywrite a sentence I have constructed