I have a KS1 class full of boys this is to get them writing. Pictures of Mario/Sonic etc as a border wide spaced lines and a box for illustrations. Have used it with fantasy story unit and playing Mario galaxy with them on the Nintendo Wii.
I've become so inspired (and obsessed) with the superhero theme that I've made some writing paper for the kids to use. They could make up their own superhero backstory etc. I thought seeing as I've downloaded so many amazing resources from this site, it was about time I put something back. Hope it's some use to somebody!
A planning sheet for a Superhero story based on Todorov's narrative structure.
This worksheet enables students to plan a traditional narrative where the hero encounters a problem and sets out to solve it.
This worksheet could be used at KS2 or KS3.
Secret superheroes, Cosmoboy and Gaiagirl discover that mean Dragonman wants to invade Earth with his mean alien robots. The two superheroes take Cosmoboy's rocketship to an alien planet where Dragonman is controlling his robots. But Dragonman injures Cosmoboy and escapes to Earth. It is up to Gaiagirl to follow him and save Earth with Cosmoboy. Will they stop the mean Dragonman and his mean alien robots?!<br />Longer story - can be shown as powerpoint with cinematic music or PDF version printed off as comic book. Colouring pictures to accompany and fully illustrated images to cut out and use as roleplay stick puppets with various scenes. All resources fully adjustable. Weblink: http://penningtonm21.wix.com/learningforkids<br />
<p>A Full scheme of work covering writing objectives using various of Roald Dahl's works (including Matilda and The BFG). It is easy to differentiate for KS 2 (7-11 year olds) and KS3 (11-14 year olds)and contains many worksheets for activities including vocabulary and punctuation use as well as descriptive and creative writing techniques.</p>
Please note that if you specifically want <a href="https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/i-can-spell-words-ending-with-y-oy-ay-11280548">words that END with ay/oy these are available as a separate resource.</a> (Each resource uses different words)<br />
Spelling activity pack for words containing:<br />
- 2 powerpoint files (one for each of the above). Every spelling is on an individual slide for <strong>class spelling activities</strong> (24 words)<br />
- <strong>4 Monster Sentence sheets.</strong> These include each spelling outlined in <strong>print</strong> and in <strong>cursive</strong> for students to practise their handwriting. Each spelling can then be written as a sentence (which can be silly/crazy/happy etc.). Colour and black & white versions of each sheet are provided.<br />
- <strong>2 word searches</strong> to consolidate learning. One for each set of spellings (and a solution sheet).<br />
- <strong>2 crosswords</strong> on powerpoint for class/group challenges (or print them off for small group/paired work)<br />
- <strong>2 certificates</strong> (Spelling Star and Writing Star).<br />
- Plain text file with every word (use this to easily copy and paste words for your own purposes).<br />
Also includes lots of monsters :)<br />
Black & white versions of the sentence sheets are included for easy copying or laminate the colour versions and use with wipeable pens for students to practise their handwriting and sentence writing with the different spellings.<br />
The words are taken from the Children's Printed Word Database featuring the words most commonly found in children's books during the first years of school.<br />
<a href="https://www.tes.com/member/thinky">Follow me on TES</a> for future updates. I'm happy to receive feedback and suggestions and where possible will update resources accordingly :) <br />