A FULL LESSON on calculating the area and perimeter of a sector.
Assumed prior knowledge:
- Rounding with significant figures and decimals.
- Simplifying expressions.
- Fractions of amounts.
- Working with ratios (one question)
- Angles in quadrilateral (one question)
We are learning about: The area and perimeter of a sector.
We are learning to: Calculate the area and perimeter of a sector.
- Developing learners will be able to calculate the area of a sector of a circle.
- Secure learners will be able to calculate the perimeter of a sector.
- Excelling learners will be able to solve unfamiliar problems using their knowledge calculating the area and perimeter of a sector.
Starter: What fraction of the circle is shaded?
- Examples to find the area and perimeter of a sector.
- Standard questions with diagrams progressing to worded and problem solving questions.
Plenary: Spot the mistake.
- Booklet with all questions (including example) provided as worksheet to stick in books.
Any feedback is appreciated!
Really great resource with excellent introduction to the topic and great questions. Thank you for sharing
Fantastic Resource. Thanks for sharing. This sort of resources are helpful for online platform.
Excellent! Thank you!
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.