For students to investigate and become familiar with the main factors that have led to economic change in the UK.
1. To establish how industrial structure in the UK has changed over time
2. To examine the effects of globalisation on the UK
3. To explain how government policies have led to economic change in the UK
* PowerPoint presentation
* Lesson plan
* Five separate workstation task sheets - task instruction sheets can be laminated for future use
Lesson 16 of 21 from my new scheme of work on The Changing Economic World for the new AQA GCSE Geography. Can easily work as a stand alone lesson.
This lesson requires students to make use of:
* The new AQA GCSE Hodder text book (Widdowson et al, 2016)
* The old AQA GCSE Heinemann text book for Spec A (Bowen and Palmister, 2009) - needed for task 2 to provide information about the changing global distribution of manufacturing industry.
Differentiated for higher and lower ability students.
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Good lessons with resources
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.