When students find a story that is familiar it makes learning that much more approachable.
PerfettoWritingRoom© is pleased to provide information on traditional folklore so that you can use this tale for writing, analysis, critical thinking, and MORE.
Use it during the holiday season or any time of year.
In this very organized 25-page pack, you receive:
• Handout – Characteristics of Folktales and Traditional Literature
• The Elves and the Shoemaker – Full Story
• Critical Thinking Activity (2 Pages) – Identifying Fairy tale Characteristics in a Text, using text support.
- Critical Thinking Activity – Teacher Key
• Application – Write a complete and accurate Fairy or Folktale
- Brainstorming Handout complete with characteristics of a folktale
- Writing Rubric for writing an authentic Fairy or Folktale
• Folktales, Fables and Myths: Activities
- Definition and characteristic search (Worksheet)
- What do they have in common? (Venn Diagram Activity)
- How are they different? (Venn Diagram Activity)
- Answer Keys
• The Elves and the Shoemaker – Optional Extension Activities
You May Also Enjoy The Writer’s Workshop for High School, an 8-Day Common Core Unit.
Gift of the Magi, Complete Activity Pack Grades 6-12.
Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment, Complete Story Packet, Activities, Quiz and Keys.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.