Contains two resources - 80 slide powerpoint lesson / assembly and a 50 question quiz on the Paralympics in Rio. Purchased individually these resources would cost £5 - buy together for just £3.50.
A fully editable and informative 80 slide PowerPoint on the Paralympic Games, their origin and growth and on the Rio Paralympic Games. It could be used as a one-off assembly / lesson, a series of assemblies / lessons in September or for tutor time.
It contains references to
• The History of Paralympic Sport
• The Paralympic Games – Motto, Logo, Flag, Anthem, Core Values
• Inspirational International Paralympians
• Inspirational British Paralympians
• Rio 2016 Paralympic Games
The resource also contains hyperlinks to videos of:
- A brief History of the Paralympic Games.
- Paralympic Anthem
- Martine Wright’s inspirational story.
- Tanni Grey-Thompson Interview
- Sarah Storey Interview
- Ellie Simmond Interview
- The Olympic and Paralympic Mascots - Vinicius and Tom.
- Information about Para-Canoeing, Athletics, Equestrian, Powerlifting, Shooting, Swimming
- A sneak preview of the Rio Paralympics to whet your, and your pupils’, appetite!
An interactive, 50 question powerpoint quiz containing on the Paralympic Games and Rio 2016. There are 3 multiple choice answers.
The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. PLEASE NOTE - THE ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THE ‘AGITO’ IMAGE ON EACH SLIDE. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end.
A question and answer sheet are provided to allow individuals / teams to record their answers.
1. Who began the first games for people with spinal injuries at Stoke Mandeville Hospital?
2. Where did the first ‘International Stoke Mandeville Games’ take place?
3. Which two colours are found on the Olympic flag but not on the Paralympic flag?
4. What are the shapes on the Paralympic flag called?
5. What is the Paralympic Motto?
6. Which event will be a ‘new sport’ at the Paralympics?
7. What is the name of the Rio Paralympic Mascot?
8. In which of these sports do players wear a mask?
9. What is the only difference between wheelchair tennis and able-bodied tennis?
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.