This is a comprehensive set of resources on Shaun Tan and John Marsden’s picture book The Rabbits. This set will help you to complete a close study of the book, considering how the author and illustrator have used a range of visual and language techniques to create this powerful allegorical story. All worksheets are included in editable Word format as well as pdf.
The set includes the following resources:
- A close study worksheet on the pages “They Brought New Food” (2 pages)
- A study of images and ideas in the pages “Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits” (2 pages including a table and short answer questions)
- An activity on how colours and shapes create tone in images (4 pages, including a list of suggested adjectives for describing image tone)
- A portfolio activity with 15 different activities for students to choose from. Each activity is worth 1, 3 or 5 points, and students must complete 12 points. (1 page)
- A worksheet on themes in The Rabbits (2 pages)
- A worksheet on symbols in The Rabbits (2 page table)
- A PowerPoint presentation on the most significant image, They Came By Water. Includes definitions of key words like transformation and adaptation, a close study of the image and a comparison with the 1902 painting it is based on, and activities for discussion and independent writing.
~ ~ ~
While you’re here, why not check out these other resources on picture books for older readers?
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.