These are some things I used when doing romans with year 4. The file Lorem Colossei is a display banner for the role play and translates as Welcome to the Colosseum in Latin.
The other activities are to reinforce grid references and latin instructions. We had played a game of Simonius Says using the flashcards and then the children carried out the activity with the battlefield sheets.
Complete unit studying the Roman invasion of Britain for Year 3/ 4 (2nd/3rd Grade) including full lessons plans and pupil resources.<br />
Everything you need to teach this unit! <br />
1. Introduction: How did the Roman Empire begin? <br />
2. Rise and Conquer!: How did the Roman army help the Roman Empire to expand?<br />
3. Invading Britannia: How did Britain become part of the Roman Empire?<br />
4. Who was Boudica?: How did Boudica rebel against the Romans?<br />
5. Building up Britain: What did the Romans build after they settled in Britain?<br />
6. Time to Relax!: What did people do for leisure in Roman Britain?<br />
7. Digging up the Past: What do archaeological sites tell us about Roman Britain?<br />
8. Home Sweet Home: What were houses like in Roman Britain?<br />
9. What did the Romans do for us?: What important things did the Romans introduce to Britain?<br />
10. Summing up: What have we learned about this period of history?<br />
Produced by Ofsted-rated outstanding teachers.
A powerpoint presentation showing digital and analogue time. Suitable for upper KS1, lower KS2. This file can be used as an inspiration for the development of your own ideas for putting across to a whole class a particular teaching point. This is particularly effective if a digital projector can be used.
<p>This power point presentation is mainly targeted to AS and A2 students studying French. However, there are some tasks that can be tackled by KS4 students as they are linked to some areas of experience studied in year 10 and 11. It offers a mixture of linguistic and cultural tasks. All the attainment targets are present. The notes provided will guide the teachers through different activities, including group work and audio-visual authentic material.</p>
<p>This resource contains a web guide from MTN which may be used to create newspaper templates that will allow you to create a newspaper quickly and easily. You can choose a template and create a newspaper a page at a time. It can then be printed and saved locally. The resource also has a series of tabloid newspaper template that may be printed immediately.</p>
Here are all my resources when teaching OCR Paper 1 The Cold War - events - Vietnam War....took me ages! hope it helps at least one person!!
I have put them in chronological order and the worksheets go with the powerpoints provided.
please comment if you find them useful so i know if to add more!
This lesson involves pupils working in groups to produce an election campaign for one of the claimants to the throne in 1066. (Before the Battle of Hastings lesson) The PowerPoint goes through the claimants to the throne in 1066 which allows students to work in groups for the election campaign task. <br />
The CV worksheet provides students with extra information to support with the group task. The election task work sheet gives clear instructions alongside extension tasks to enable students to complete high quality group work.
Goes from the dinosaurs through key periods of history to the present day. Use MS Word to adapt it.
I have added the Stone, Bronze, Iron and Middle Ages to the updated version. As well as the first public railway in 1825, England winning the World Cup in 1966 and the 2012 Olympics.