Three weeks of creative and fully resourced Year 2 Talk for Writing planning involving drama, reading skills (information retrieval and then inference), poetry, grammar skills, drawing, diary writing and story writing. Each lesson is fully resourced and differentiated - there is also a focus on greater depth opportunities. To get the most from this writing project, it would be useful if the class had access to a copy of ‘The Tear Thief’ by Carol Ann Duffy - a magical picture book. If you buy this unit, PLEASE USE THE ZIP FOLDER - everything you need is in there. Each session is organised into a separate folder. The other files are simply there as a preview to show some of the resources included.
Over the three weeks, the following Y2 objectives are thoroughly covered:
• I can say and write a sentences with a capital letter and a full stop
• I can use different joining words (conjunctions) to join my ideas
• I can use carefully chosen adjectives/expanded noun phrases
• I can use an apostrophe to show ownership
• I can spot meaning breakdowns
• I can visualise a character from a story
• I can find information in a story
• I can read like a detective (inference)
• I can retell a story in sentences
• I can add a new part to a story I know
• I can create a character
• I understand how a story can be organised
• In my own writing, I can use words and ideas from a story I have read
• I can write a story (using the skills I have been learning)
This unit could be easily adapted for use in other year groups.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
Saved me hours! Brilliant resource, perfect for Year 2.
Thank-you , it's rare to find comprehensive ready to go planning that covers everything . You've done so well here and saved us so much time. Really good work
I cannot thank you enough for these kind words. A lot of thought and time went into mapping and creating this resource, and I am very happy to hear that it has helped out. Please pick any resource from my store for free and email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazing! Adapted for my class but amazing!
Glad to hear you are adapting it. Thanks for taking the time to review. Pick any resource from my store and contact me: email@example.com
Saved me a lot of time - wonderful Talk for Learning links! Thank you!! :)
Thanks for the positive review. I am so pleased to hear that this unit has saved you precious time. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org and request a resource from my store for free. Let me know which one you'd like.
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.