A Christmas poetry lesson based on the poem / song ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ with PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Also includes guidance for four follow-up activities with links to literacy, art, music and maths. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work. Suitable for KS2.
The 32 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains tasks linked to exploring the poet’s use of language and expressing opinion.