A complete poetry lesson for KS2 based on the poem ‘The Tyger’ by William Blake. Includes a PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Also includes guidance for two follow-up writing activities. Ideal for exploring classic poetry or as a part of a topic on rainforests or predators. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work.
The 14 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poem and poet
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to the poet’s use of language and requires pupils to express their opinion.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.