Probably our most detailed section yet! Over 3 parts as the content is so good!
This is a rough guide to the NEA and not a definitive one fits all solution approach. Please make sure that you follow The NEA guidance from the exam board.
We take no responsibility for how this guidance is used or the outcomes produced by your students. The presentation also provides possible student page layouts that need to be used in accordance with the exam boards NEA malpractice guidelines. There are teacher warnings throughout the presentation.
This is the ultimate teacher and student guide to the NEA for AQA Section D only.
This is approximately the next 4- 5 pages of the NEA with accompanying lessons (5-6 Lessons).
Over 55 slides!
Also includes videos links!
- Introduction to the NEA Section D assignment
- Introduction to the marking scheme in student speak
- Mark scheme and break down
- Common student questions about generating designs
- 6 Starters for developing design ideas
- Evaluating design ideas against a specification
- Evaluating design ideas against client needs
- What is design development
- Refining your designs
- Further Research
- CAD Development
- System and schematic diagrams
- Test Pieces
- Modeling with blue styro foam
- Modeling with card board
- Mathematical modeling
- Materials selection and justification
- Component selection and justification
- Manufacturing specification
- Orthographic drawings
- Cutting lists
- Time flow schedules
- Parts lists
Student page examples**
All acknowledge have been shown for any use of mark schemes from the exam boards. These are easily accessed by the public.
Please leave a review if you like this section!