A classroom-ready presentation covering Management and Leadership from Unit 2 of the Cambridge International Examinations Business Syllabus. Connects seamlessly with the core approved textbooks and addresses all learning objectives.
This presentation highlights key concepts of the syllabus from the CIE AS Level Business Unit 2 including:
• the functions of management, including Mintzberg’s roles of management
• functions, roles and styles
• the purpose of leadership
• leadership roles in business (directors, managers, supervisors, worker representatives)
• qualities of a good leader
• leadership styles: autocratic, democratic, laissez-faire
• McGregor’s leadership styles
• Goleman’s four competencies of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, social awareness, self-management and social skills
The presentation can be delivered as a lecture and supplemented with a teacher’s own creative exercises and activities. An excellent key resource for new and experienced teachers alike.