To gain a clear understanding as to how we can classify settlements within a hierarchy.
1. To determine what a settlement hierarchy is.
2. To research specific examples of settlements that fit into the hierarchy.
3. To investigate the characteristics of a range of settlements in our local area.
* Lesson plan
* Homework instruction sheet (Print the six slides as a single-sided handout)
* Settlement hierarchies worksheet
Lesson 3 of 10 from my scheme of work on Urban Geography/ Settlement . Also works as a stand alone lesson on settlement hierarchies.
Fully differentiated with tasks for higher and lower ability pupils.
This lesson is from a scheme of work that I have written for my Year 7 groups, but it could be easily adapted for Year 8 or 9.
This lesson requires pupils to make use of:
* An O.S map of the local area.
Three progress checks have been incorporated into this lesson.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.