A really great video showing the author michael rosen, performing his fantastic story. I am an NQT and found this resource excellent to use within my reception class for all 6 areas of learning. Enjoy!
Print these off and laminate and put in a box. Children can take turns during carpet time to choose a song to sing as a class.
L.O - to develop turn taking and listening skills
to have a wide knowledge of different songs and rhymes
to enjoy singing songs and rhymes
Unit/Individual plans for testing waterproof materials.
L.O - - to suggest how to test whether materials are waterproof
- to explore ways of answering the question
- to communicate what they did and what happened, making simple comparisons
- to use what happened to draw a conclusion and to say what they found out
- to use this knowledge to make a display
- be able to make predictions and know how to do investigations
A week's worth of planning for a French themed week including resources and activities that can be used.
L.O - to develop an understanding on french culture
to use french language
to learn about french artisits
Just finished this assembly with my Y5 class, it went so well and they loved it.
It involves an 'X factor' style show where each Greek god auditions to be king of the gods, whilst telling the audience a little bit about the Ancient Greeks.
It involves throwing confetti at the audience, a dance routine to music from Disney's Hercules, and a boy dressing up as Cheryl Cole....if you want.
Adapt and use as you want. Enjoy.
64 fun and engaging topics on which to base short/extended writing activities. Adapted from 642 Things to Write About (Young Writer's Edition), this resource comes complete with inspirational picture 'hooks' to really stimulate writing.
- Appropriate for use at KS1/2/3/4
- Ideal for literacy starters
- Easily differentiated
- Incredibly open-ended
- Thought provoking and challenging
- Sparks creativity and technical writing skills
- Perfectly adaptable (videos, role play, etc.)
A useful starter kit for anyone who is due to teach P4C but has not had much experience teaching it. P4C is a great way of getting students discussing key issues and is useful in many subjects across the curriculum. This starter kit gives you:
-blank powerpoint slide format
-5 example P4C lesson plans / powerpoints in full
-resources needed for each lesson
- 'helpful hints' worksheet or poster for students to improve their conversational speech
This is a resource pack based around the Devising Log in Component 2 (Devising Drama). I have gone through and broken the exemplar answers provided by AQA into sections and given ideas as to how a student may wish to structure their work.
I found this very useful, personally, in understanding what needed to be within each section and have used it to inform my planning for the year ahead.
I hope you find it of use.