Find out who you really are and where you come from in our innovative, interactive film about evolution, narrated by Sir David Attenborough. The film is normally shown daily in the Attenborough Studio.
The interactive film at the Natural History Museum will transport your students back in time to explore the tree of life.
Our world-class scientists will support your teaching of evolution and natural selection by explaining how life has evolved. Using cutting edge computer technology, you will share a room with dinosaurs, early mammals and our hominid ancestors. Your students will receive virtual gifts as evidence of our evolutionary past.
A lesson plan and set of activities from 'The Potato Story'. By the end of this lesson children will learn that:
1. An adequate and varied diet is needed to keep healthy;
2. Some foods are needed for growth and some are needed for activity and they will be able to name some of these foods;
3. Plants can provide food for us and some plants are grown for this;
4. Certain things are needed for a healthy lifestyle and they will learn the benefits of healthy eating;
5. Choices and decisions can be made about issues that affect their health.