Students will compose a piece of music using a melodic technique that illustrates the meaning of words.
Within 2-3 lessons, students will compose a piece of music inspired by a rhyme, poem or text. In the process the student will:
• Analyze a text
• Identify and define descriptive elements of the text
• Make connections between text and music
• Analyze how textual image and sound image are similar and different
• Explore new writing and playing techniques to accommodate musical word painting
• Explore word painting as compositional device
Included: Graphic organizer for text analysis and sample Word Painting composition
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.