A set of activities based around the theft of the Jules Rimet trophy which was stolen in 1966 and subsequently found by Pickles the dog.
This resource contains the following:
- A short PowerPoint presentation to introduce the different trophies that have been used since 1930 at the very first World Cup tournament up to the present day.
- Three differentiated versions of the story with corresponding questions,
- Answers to the questions.
- Three styles of a poster for children to complete with details of the stolen trophy.
- Four versions of a newspaper article template for children to create an article about an aspect of the story- for example how it was stolen or how it was found.
- A page of useful images.
This resource has been made for KS2 but it may be suitable for other age groups.