A complete unit of 12 hours of lessons and an assessment ideal for KS4 PSHE or KS5 PSHE as students start to focus more on their future options and career goals. The unit has been written to cover the Gatsby Guidelines for Careers and the PSHE 2020 DfE and PSHE Association content.
Lessons include - detailed and well-differentiated PowerPoints, accompanying worksheets, clip tasks, active and teamwork tasks, personal employability and skills audit, an optional assessment and much, much more.
- What are employability skills, how have we developed these at school and what would we like to work on?
- Job applications, cover letters, interviews and personal presentation.
- What skills are employers looking for? How can we demonstrate that we are problem solvers?
- Why is personal branding important? What if employers Google me?
- Why are English skills important? Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- Why are Maths skills important? Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- Why are Science skills important?Which jobs and careers can do do with these skills?
- How can I improve my work ethic and stay motivated - why do employers want to see these skills?
- Personal Statement writing - How can we write excellent personal statements, for job applications or further education? (2 hours)
- Why are our literacy and numeracy skills so important to future employers? How can we demonstrate these in our applications?
- Why are our extra-curricular activities so important to future employers? How can we demonstrate these in our applications?
EC Resources are the top Tes provider of PSHE, Careers, Citizenship and RE. We have created resources for the Children’s Commissioner, the Criminal Cases Review Commission, MACS Charity and many more institutions and charities.
The lessons are in the ZIP files as they are very large. The images have been uploaded as previews so you can see some of what the pack contains.
Many more resources for Whole School, PSHE, Citizenship, SMSC and RE at our store here: