This resource contains the first set in a series of 4 sets of resources designed to consolidate some of work undertaken in the White Rose Maths Scheme small steps Year 6 programme. The theme for this investigation resource is the 2018 Football World Cup. This resource is intended for use in week 8 of the Summer Term.
The resource focuses on the following areas of the Year 6 Maths National Curriculum Objectives:
- Use knowledge of the order of operations to carry out calculations involving the four operations
- Solve addition and subtraction multistep problems in contexts
- Solve problems involving the calculation of percentages
- Construct pie charts and bar graphs</p>
Worksheets and Activities
- Calculation of the mean age of England’s football squad.
- Selection of a team from each of the 8 football groups in the World Cup to track performance and complete performance tables.
- Calculation of percentages on selected statistics of England squad
- Selection of 5 players from England’s football squad to follow and assess performance in the World Cup.
- Compilation of data and statistics on players’ performance in tabular form.
- Pictorial representation of the data in the form of bar charts and pie graphs.
- Completion of results tables for selected teams and players.</p>
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.