Give each child a card, with question and answer. \n\nThey must walk around room, when they meet someone one person asks their question (quiz) their partner asks their question (quiz) and they swap questions (trade) and move onto a new partner.
A quiz designed as a last lesson for Year 9. One or two slides will only mean something to them because of some of the songs we have listened to this year. Some answers are posted at the bottom of the slides.
This resource contains a number of worksheets and activities that will help Chinese students learn Chemistry in an English school environment. It includes:
* 3 page dictionary of key English chemistry science words (both Chinese and English). Parts of this list have been broken down into smaller themed lists to act as worksheets for the students (eg periodic table; acids and bases).
* A Chinese period table,
* Metals/non metals (w/s with pictures to describe properties)
* A funworder requiring the student to find the English element
* Some cloze style activities
* A crossword and other starters.
This is end of Module 2 Assessment which has been typed up from inside the OCR textbook as there was no electronic version available. This covers all of the topics below:
Atoms, compounds, molecules and equations
Amount of Substance
Acid-base and redox reactions
Electrons, bonding and structure
This assessment includes a range of multiple choice and longer answer questions to get students ready for the summer exams. Spaces can be typed in for students to write under the questions or they can also answer on another piece of paper. The corresponding markscheme is available as well.
I use this at the end of Module 2 to inform progress before larger assessment week exams.