Author videos: Top tips for getting started
Five top tips from Authors on TES
In the video above, you'll see authors giving their top tip for getting started - we've summarised the main things that came up in a handy list for those of you considering publishing your resources on TES.
If you missed our headlines from the TES Author events we ran in October, check out this post for an overview of the meet-ups and a three-minute highlights video.
- Good to go - try to publish resources that are ready to use and provide everything that the teacher will need
- Think of the children - ensure your materials are pupil-friendly and put quality of learning at the heart of your resource making
- Looking good - develop your own style and branding so that your resources are easily recognisable by teachers who have used your materials before
- Be confident - you're already making resources for your own classes, so don't be afraid to just give it a go. Hint: This was a resounding tip from many of our authors!
- Keep in touch - we have a dedicated TES Authors Team author team who are here to help with any queries, questions, suggestions and troubleshooting - or if you just want to say hello!
Interested in finding out more?
Whether you're an established author and interested in hearing about our next event, or if you are an aspiring resources author who'd like to know more about getting started, please don't hesitate to get in touch for more information.
Quick links to related blog posts and more author videos