Complete and ready to use high quality KS3 Biology lesson from Barclayfox. All resources are included in this excellent well differentiated lesson, there is nothing for you to do but deliver it !
4 KEY STUDENT OUTCOMES:
1) Recall what antibiotics are and what they do...
2) Describe some methods for preventing the spread of bacterial infection...
3) Explain what is meant by antibiotic resistance and superbugs...
Challenge Mission: Demonstrate (using diagrams) how superbugs proliferate.
Pupils start the lessons by working together to unscramble words that lead them to thinking about what the lesson is about. Next they think about the Los and self-assess against their current understanding of this topic and undertake a scientific literacy activity.
MAIN and MAIN and MAIN....
This lesson is 'chunked' into discrete sections to support learning and create positive behaviour by keeping students interested and focused. There is a very good variety of interesting student activities such as: up and about, gap fill, matching, literacy activities, quick quiz, recall, think/pair/share, questions with answers, self-assessment and peer assessment opportunities etc etc.
Learners self assess and reflect on their progress against the lesson outcomes.
A good variety of extension activities are provided just in case any group you teach requires them.
Thank you for looking, this lesson will save you a huge amount of time and effort, if you choose to buy, your positive feedback on tes would be very much appreciated :)
Other Barclayfox lessons in this series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available, not all series are bundled).
1. Vaccinations – lesson 1. (Vaccinations, immunity and Edward Jenner)
2. Vaccinations – lesson 2. (Advantages & disadvantages of vaccinations, how pathogens spread etc)
3. Antibiotics - lesson 1. (Medicines, Fleming, penicillin and selecting an appropriate antibiotic)
4. Antibiotics - lesson 2. (Antibiotic resistance, super bugs, MRSA, resistant bacteria)
5. DNA & Darwin & evolution & Peer review. (Discovery of the structure of DNA, evolution etc)
6. Preventing extinction. (Preventing extinction, conservation, seed banks, captive breeding etc)
7. Revision lesson. (Vaccines, antibiotics, DNA, Evolution, extinction etc)
Happy teaching !
Superbugs, super bugs, resistance, resistant, antibiotics, Penicillin, Bio, Biology, Alexander Fleming, medicines, virus, bacteria, Doctor, nurse, medicine, syringe, petri dish, microscope, MRSA, science, scientific methodology, smallpox, cowpox, antibodies, illness, ill, cure, pathogen, antibody.