KS4 Organic reactions - making alcohol (teacher powerpoint & student worksheets).
- Starter activity revisits previous learning on saturation, unsaturation & alcohols.
- Teacher powerpoint introduces all new concepts regarding production of alcohol: fermentation of sugar by yeast & use of ethene as the starting material. It introduces ideas for evaluation of both methods from environmental, economic & social perspectives.
- Student worksheet provides independent activities for students to apply their key learning.
- Past paper question pack allows further opportunities, either in-class or as a HWK activity, to practice & extend the students application of key learning points.
- Leveled learning outcomes all tied in to the grade 1-9 new science GCSE structure.
Suitable for those GCSE groups following the new separate Chemistry specification.