Children learn that food provides them with the raw energy needed to keep going. In this lesson we find out a bit more about what is in food, and what our bodies used these food nutrients for. Worksheets & presentations
This is a presentation to help explain why stats test are done and statements about how to interpret tests. It DOES NOT show you how to calculate the tests but does say what the exam board expects of the students.
Some of the slides have blanks for the students to fill in.
Series of lessons in booklet form (61 pages of resources) includes
1. Graphing skills
2. Research project on diseases caused by malnutrition
3. Introduction to digestion
4. Fitness investigation
Includes exam style questions and homework projects. All in one word document.
Set of 2-3 lessons for year 9 microbes project
1. Ignaz Semmelweis and research into antiseptics, includes video link and questions.
2. Hand washing investigation sheets complete with exam questions
Used with year 9 but adaptable as word document
Set of 2-3 Lessons for Y9 Microbes
1. Uses of microbes - worksheets and questions
2. Making the fastest pizza dough - experiment on measuring dough rising in measuring cylinders - with exam style questions
All Word so editable. Used with year 9 but can be adapted