These task cards will test your students' knowledge of plant and animal adaptations.
Questions cover behavioral and physical adaptations. Students will identify type of adaptations, function of adaptations, and specific adaptations for certain animals and plants.
Includes 24 task cards, recording sheet, answer key.
Animal classification can be fun with this pack of games and activities!
Vertebrate and Invertebrate Vocabulary Posters
Animal Classification Tic-Tac-Toe: 2-person game, students determine if animals are vertebrates and invertebrates.
Guess Who Game: Quick review game that takes just a few minutes to play. Use classification clues to figure out the animal.
Animal Classification Sort: Cut and paste activity for sorting animals according to type.
Animal Classification Flap Book: Foldable for interactive notebooks.
Vertebrates Sort: Sort animals according to the type of vertebrate they are.
Warm or Cold Blooded: Sort types of vertebrates according to warm or cold blooded and write examples of each.
This close reading resource includes an original informative text about the Loch Ness Monster along with close reading task cards, student response sheets, an adjective/adverb sort using words from the passage, and answer keys.
Skills: main idea and details, cause and effect, text features, prefixes, word meaning, context clues, and making inferences.
This is a set of colorful posters, banners, and planning sheet to guide your students through the STEM process. Includes:
• STEM Process Posters in both A3 and A4 size: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Improve
• Banners: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics. Also includes Math (alternate wording), Art, and Mechanics banners.
• Planning Sheet for student to use as they work through their projects
This is a set of 24 visuals for teaching landforms and bodies of water. Each page includes a picture card and a title/definition card. They can be used for a bulletin board display or as a vocabulary matching activity.
This is a set of task cards for finding number patterns using function tables (input/output). Each card includes a partially completed function table. Students must determine the rule and then supply the missing number. These tasks involve multiplication and division.
Includes: 24 task cards, student recording sheet, and answer key. Great for math centers, independent practice, or a Scoot game.
24 task cards for finding number patterns using function tables (input/output).
Students must determine the rule and supply the missing number. These tasks involve addition and subtraction (both single and double digit) including doubles and doubles plus one. Recording sheet and answer key are included.
100 sight words are included in this pack of no-prep printables. Students will color the sight words, trace, write, find, and stamp. Then they will build each word with a cut-and-glue activity. These worksheets make perfect practice for homework, centers, or morning work. Just print and go!
This is a set of task cards and worksheets for teaching metaphors and similes. Students will identify each type of figurative language, find examples within text, and use them in writing.
• Task Cards - Includes 12 cards, recording sheets, and answer key. Students will identify similes and metaphors within text and interpret their meanings.
• Simile/Metaphor Sort - Cut and paste activity in which students identify which type of figurative language is being used in a sentence.
• Similes and Metaphors In Context - Students will read a short passage, finding examples of figurative language, and interpreting their meanings.
• Using Similes To Compare - Students will complete similes by choosing the best descriptive phrase.
• Describe Yourself With Similes - Students will write an acrostic poem using similes to describe themselves.
• Figurative Language In Poetry - Students will read two short poems and identify examples of similes and metaphors.
Answer keys are included.
Understanding prefixes, suffixes, and the Greek and Latin roots that make up our language is essential for building vocabulary. This resource will help students learn to recognize those word parts and their meanings.
This 140-page pack includes a complete word wall, a word-of-the-day activity, and word building cards. Students will learn 74 prefixes, 86 roots, and 46 suffixes.
The three word wall sets include:
• Posters/headings with definitions
• Prefix/Suffix/Root cards with definitions of each
• Example words for every prefix, suffix, and root
The word building cards are smaller versions of the word wall cards but without the definitions. These can be used for instruction and word work activities.
The word-of-the-day activity includes a full color graphic organizer and coordinating student worksheet. Student can be given a word to break apart and analyze to discover its meaning. A list of suggested words is also included.
This is a set of 4 sort, count, and graph activities for kindergarten/reception age children.
Each activity has a set of picture cards for students to sort and count. Then, complete the recording sheet by matching the correct set of tally marks to the objects and coloring in a simple bar graph to show the number.
These activities involve matching, sorting, counting objects up to 5, representing numbers, cutting, and pasting.
Supports the CCSS for Measurement and Data in kindergarten: Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Build, read, and write CVC words by matching onset and rime.
108 onset-rime cards - Students match the picture/onset card with the corresponding rime card to build the CVC words.
CVC Words Game - Choose a picture card and cover the corresponding CVC word on the game board. Be the first cover 4 squares.
CVC Worksheets/Assessments - Choose or write the CVC words. Includes answer keys.
This forms of government resource helps students learn to distinguish between a dictatorship and a democracy. Includes:
• Democracy Vs. Dictatorship Sort – Includes 22 characteristic cards. Students determine whether they describe a democracy or a dictatorship and sort them under the correct heading.
• Graphic Organizers – Includes a Venn Diagram and Double Bubble Map for comparing and contrasting the two forms of government.
• Dictatorship or Democracy Task Cards – Includes 6 different scenarios describing a child’s daily life. Students decide whether the scenario would take place in a democracy or under a dictatorship. Includes recording sheet and answer key. This works well as a short formative activity.
Each full-page card includes a data set presented in a line plot with 4 questions for students to answer. These questions require students to interpret and compare the data. Each card also contains a QR code for self-checking. Recording sheets and answer keys are included as an alternate.
There are 15 line plot cards divided into three sets:
Set 1: Categorical Data
Set 2: Numerical Data: Whole Numbers
Set 3: Numerical Data: Fractions
These sets provide differentiated practice and increasing difficulty.
This is a set of 11 colour posters in French. They also include the English word below in a smaller font. Bright colours with a neutral black/gray polka dot border coordinate with any classroom theme.
Your students will love practicing their multiplication facts with these mystery colour-by-number picture worksheets!
Each page includes a hundred chart and a colouring key. Students must solve the multiplication problems on the key to find out where to place colours on the hundred chart. When solved correctly, the mystery picture will be revealed.
The problems involve facts up to 12x12. For larger prime numbers, students will need to have an understanding of the identity property and multiply those numbers by 1. I have also included just a few that require multiplying a larger number by 2 with no regrouping (for example: 2x23).
Includes 9 multiplication mystery pictures and answer keys.
This resource focuses on basic division with remainders. It is designed for students just learning the concept.
Includes 3 sets of task cards (24 total) with printable manipulatives. The problems all use dividends of 30 or less. This allows students to focus on the process of division with remainders without getting hung up on difficult calculations. The printable manipulatives give them a way to find the solutions in a more concrete way.
Also includes recording sheets and answer keys.
Rhyming words are the focus of this phonemic awareness resource. Includes materials for both short- and long-vowel rhyming patterns. These activities work well for centers or independent practice. Includes:
• Short Vowel Rhyming Words Cards - 42 picture/word cards featuring short vowel words. These can be used to play concentration, as a simple matching activity, or for instruction.
• Long Vowel Rhyming Words Cards - 30 picture/word cards featuring long vowel words.
• Short Vowel Rhyming Strips - 15 strips and 30 picture cards. Each strip features a short vowel word and picture in the first box. Students must find the two rhyming word cards to complete each strip.
• Long Vowel Rhyming Strips - 11 strips and 22 picture cards featuring long vowel words.
• Worksheets - 5 short vowels worksheets (one for each vowel) that ask students to color the pictures that rhyme. 1 long vowel cut-and-paste worksheet (mixed vowel sounds) that asks students to cut out the pictures and glue underneath its rhyming match.
This resource is designed to help teach the story elements of setting, characters (protagonist and antagonist), plot, problem (conflict), solution (resolution), theme, and moral. The concepts are presented in the context of familiar fairy tales. Because most students already know these stories well, they can focus on each individual element.
• Story Elements Heading Cards
• Story Elements Sorting Cards for each fairy tale
• Reading Passages for each fairy tale
• Graphic Organizers
The fairy tales included are:
• The Three Little Pigs
• The Three Billy Goats Gruff
• The Ugly Duckling
• The Mouse and the Lion
• Hansel and Gretel
The sorting cards are provided in two formats: color-coded and black. The color-coded cards will make it easy to see which elements go with which story. For older or more advanced students, you may want to use set with the all black border so they will have to determine which elements go with which story themselves.
This is a summer-themed Bingo game, perfect for the days before you go on holiday! The Powerpoint presentation plays automatically with each slide showing a picture that your students should mark on their cards. After clicking "start", the slides advance themselves so you can sit back while your class plays.
The file includes instructions, 20 different Bingo cards, and the Powerpoint presentation for calling out the game.
Connect with Me!
This resource includes materials for teaching the long A spelling patterns of a_e (silent e), ai, and ay.
• Spelling List/Practice Test
• Sound Patterns Heading Cards
• Spelling Word Cards
• Spelling Word Picture Cards (color and black/white)
• Interactive Notebook Foldable
• Long A Patterns Picture Sort
• Long A Crossword Puzzle
• Long A Word Search
• Long A Homophones Cards
• A_E Pattern Word Ladder
• AI Pattern Word Ladder
• Pick A Word Cloze Activities
• Long A Words Mystery Picture
• Answer Keys
These materials can be used for instruction, literacy centers, and independent work or homework.
These games and activities will help students learn common contractions. Includes:
• "I Have, Who Has?" Game - includes 32 game cards.
• Contractions Concentration - Includes 64 cards. Students match contractions with the words they stand for.
• Domino Match Ups - 5 sets. Students start with the domino that has a star and continue by matching up words with the contraction. If all matches are made correctly, the student will end with the stop sign.
Set 1 - am/is/are contractions
Set 2 - has/have contractions
Set 3 - not contractions
Set 4 - will contractions
Set 5 - mixed contractions
• Cut & Paste Worksheet for sorting contractions by type, includes answer key
• Contractions Crossword Puzzle, includes answer key
This is a set of task cards and an assessment/worksheet for teaching elapsed time.
Each task card has a short story problem that requires students to determine how much time has elapsed or the start/stop time based on elapsed time. Includes time to the hour, half hour, quarter hour, and 5 minute intervals. Includes 20 task cards, recording sheet, answer key.
The elapsed time assessment/worksheet includes 4 story problems with space to solve and show work.
13 posters for learning about maps and map features. Includes picture and definition cards. They can be kept together as a single poster or cut apart into separate cards for display or a matching activity. The maps and features included in this set are:
• compass rose
• key or legend
• physical map
• road map
• resource map
• political map
• contour map
• prime meridian