In this lesson students think of something they really want then write a story about why they want it, what they have to do to get it, and what they will do with it once they have it. It is interactive because they brainstorm, write in paragraphs, edit, and grade their own paper before turning it in. The lesson includes:
1. Instructions on how to use the lesson plan
2. The writing process steps for teaching the plan
3. An Idea Organizer that taps into the students personal bank of knowledge
4. A paragraph organizer that guides the student's through writing the introduction, body, and conclusion
5. Two scoring guides (one includes the six traits of writing) so students know what the expectations are, how they will be evaluated, and allows them to grade their own papers before turning it in for the final teacher evaluation.
6. An art/drawing worksheet to go along with the lesson
Quote: "I love the Razzle Dazzle materials! I have used them for years now and there is nothing better for language arts. This year I purchased the writing materials: Creative Writing, Expository Writing, and The Book on How to Really Teach Writing and they are just amazing. I will not teach without them!" -- Jackie Knupp Johnson, Alaska State Teacher of the Year, 2010
Please note that this material is formally copyrighted by the US Copyright Office and all copyright rules and laws apply.