This St. Patrick's Day informational text bundle includes 5 passages. Text topics are leprechauns, St. Patrick, Irish Wolfhounds, Shamrocks & Clovers and Irish Potato Famine. Advanced students in 3rd grade, 4th and 5th grades, and struggling 6th graders would enjoy these high interest texts.
When buying the bundle, you'll get five passages for the price of 4!!
I often find that many times older students get 'left out' when it comes to holiday texts written at their level. That's why I created this set of passages. They are texts that students will enjoy and give the students the opportunity to learn about some Irish symbols or things that remind us of Ireland - all at their level! These are super for the week before St. Patrick's Day. The text-dependent questions will make sure students go back in the text to find the answers. This is perfect practice this time of year, before testing season starts!
Included with each passage is:
* questions for students to write a complete sentence answer
* multiple choice questions with a bubble section for practicing this essential skill
* vocabulary graphic organizer
* purpose for reading mini poster so students can have 'look fors' while reading the text
* context clues mini poster in color and B/W
* short answer question
* answer keys