Outstanding creative lesson in which students create/construct their own shanty town dwelling. Lessons focus on recapping the issues within shanty towns and ways in which governments can help/hinder conditions. Lesson Covers:
- Push and Pull factors for Rural to Urban Migration.
- Common features of a shanty town 'house' (covered before students 'build' their own)
- Human and Physical factors that can impact standard of living (chance cards)
- Levelled questioning based in Blooms Taxonomy
- Comparisons to own lifestyle focusing on empathy.
Students need a 'starter kit' to create help create their house e.g. cardboard, cartoons, plastics bags, yogurt pots etc. You will also need waste materials for the tip.