To learn how to use 2D Design - Tools and skills are investigated by following instructions to make an earphone holder that fits most ear-bud style earphones.
Pupils will learn:
1. How to use instructions and peer support to investigate new CAD skills indepedantly.
2. How to use a range of 2D Design tools to produce a CAD design that can be laser cut.
3. How to evaluate the CAD/CAM processes they have used to make the Ear Buddy.
- 22 page instructional comic for students to follow (tried and tested!)
- Powerpoint lesson presentation with differentiated starter and questioning.
- Printable sheets for starter and questions/writing frames to scaffold evaluation.
- Link to Kahoot Quiz assessment plenary.
2D Design tools used in this project:
Grid Lock, Select, Zoom, Mirror Transform, Shape, Attach, Circle, Path, Contour, Text, Arcs and Delete.
I used this lesson for an observed lesson and it was judged as outstanding as teacher input was minimal and students were working completely independently, helping each other without prompting. They all really enjoyed doing this project.
I have used this lesson successfully for all years in KS3 and KS4.