Included are 20 explorer information cards and a "guess the explorer" game.
Each explorer card has key facts such as
• explorer nationality
• approximate year(s) of exploring
• how he explored (by land or sea)
• where he went
• why he went or what his journey taught other explorers.
There is also a page for students to research and fill in about their own explorers, and an organization chart to compare and contrast two explorers.
Finally, there is a fun Guess the Explorers! game to review what has been learned. Figure out the identity of your opponent’s explorer before they figured out yours! Ask yes or no questions and eliminate non-relevant explorers.
Guess the Explorer! is a perfect "center" wrap-up to a school unit on North American explorers.
• Did your explorer travel by land? or Did your explorer travel by sea?
• Did your explorer seek a Northwest Passage? or Did your explorer seek for gold?
• Did your explorer ever see Asia? or Did your explorer ever see North America?
• Did your explorer stay in North America?
• Is your explorer Spanish? or Is your explorer Portuguese?
Included explorers are as follows: Leif Erikson, Marco Polo, Bartolomeu Dias, Christopher Columbus, John Cabot, Amerigo Vespucci, Vasco Nuñez de Balboa, Ferdinand Magellan, Juan de Ponce de León, Hernando de Soto, Francisco Coronado, Jacques Cartier, Giovanni de Verrazzano, Robert de La Salle, Henry Hudson, Francisco Pizarro, Samuel de Champlain, Hernando de Cortez, Vasco de Gama, James Cook.