Insect report writing can be challenging for students. Over the years, I have found that writing jot notes can be particularly challenging. I have created NO PREP insect reports with cut-and-paste jot notes, draft templates, and final copy templates to support students with the report writing process. Once students have written reports using these materials, they should be able to go through the process and write a report on their own.
Included in this package:
➜ Cut-and-Paste Jot Notes
➜ Draft Templates
➜ Draft Templates Jot Note Answer Keys
➜ Final Report Templates
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
How to Use the NO PREP Report Package:
1. Give each student a set of jot notes.
2. Students cut apart the jot notes.
3. Students read each jot note to determine which category (appearance, habitat, diet, predators, life cycle, and other interesting facts) the jot note describes.
4. Students glue each jot note on the draft template with the correct heading.
5. After matching and gluing down all the jot notes, the students write a paragraph using the information. Students compose one sentence for each jot note. Encourage students, who are ready, to write opening and closing sentences as well.
6. Students revise and edit their paragraphs.
7. Students write their final reports and add appropriate illustrations.
8. Once students have completed their reports, ask them to fill out the self-assessments.
9. If appropriate, use the peer and teacher assessments as well.
© 2017 Regier Educational Resources