This 'just the facts' guide contains step-by-step instructions, tips, and screenshots for you to learn how to use Adobe Slate & Padlet.
Adobe Slate is a free iPad app that lets you create and publish gorgeous web pages.
• Your Slate story can include headings, text, quotes, hyperlink buttons, and images.
• When you scroll you see an effect known as parallax or window scrolling where the image and text do not scroll together. It makes for an awesome electronic magazine–like presentation.
• Your completed Slate can be published online to Adobe’s website.
• Using the generated URL, you can then share your Slate with anyone or post it anywhere.
Use Adobe Slate to create class newsletters, write book reviews, share photos, create visuals, retell stories, or even publicize events.
Padlet is a free web and mobile app that lets you easily collaborate by posting notes on a digital wall. Think of it as ‘an online sheet of paper where people can put any content (e.g. images, videos, documents, text) anywhere on the page, together with anyone, from any device.’
Padlet can be used in endless ways. For example:
• Use it as a brainstorming tool
• Display student work
• Students can posts comments & receive feedback
• Share resources
• Hold discussions
• Upload assignments
• Complete exit slips
Start using Adobe Slate & Padlet today!