4 lessons in understanding and interpreting line graphs for Year 5. This could also be used for Year 6 also.
4th lesson is a big maths - over the whole morning or 2 hour slot - that also revises Fractions, Decimals and Percentages!
General election theme and relates to promoting BRITISH VALUES.
Selection of differentiated questions for each lesson. Working towards ARE, At ARE and greater depth.
Activity documents come ready to print and cut - some questions are included in the flip chart. Includes Promethean flip chart and lesson plan (complete with Mental Maths Starter).
Relates to the following Year 5 objectives.
-I can solve ‘comparison’, 'sum' and difference problems using information presented in a line graph.
-I can complete, read and interpret information in tables, including timetables.Relates to the following
- Recognise the % symbol and understand what it means.
- I can write % as a fraction
- I can read, write decimal numbers as fractions.
- I can solve problems involving number up to 3d.p
-I can read, write, order and compare numbers with up to 3 decimal places.
Relates to the following Year 6 objectives.
- Interpret and construct line graphs and use these to solve problems.
- Use equivalences between simple fractions, decimals and percentages in different contexts.