Pupils understand the link between what they eat and how they perform by discovering how athletes fuel their bodies.
The big picture?
Having learnt about macro-and micronutrients and hydration in the first 6 lessons of the ‘eat like an athlete’ course, the goal of lesson 7 is to give students a deeper understanding of the importance of breakfast. Why do young people need fuel in the morning, effects of different types of breakfast, and practical ways to prepare a healthy, sustaining breakfast.
• Benefits of eating breakfast – energy, concentration, focus, mood.
• Hydration in the morning.
• The difference between sustaining breakfast and ‘empty calorie’ breakfasts
• The importance of breakfast before physical activity and sports training.
• Top breakfasts and how to make them.
Extension - Cooking breakfast - Crunchy Granola, Banana Blinis.
Links to nutrition information, supporting videos and recipes on the Go Faster Food website.