A full set of resources covering all content included in the sports psychology section of the New GCSE Spec. (2016)
- A scheme of work for the whole topic that can easily be adapted.
- 8 PowerPoint presentations and student handouts - 1 for each sub topic. All contain LO's, success criteria, all the key content presented visually, and engaging tasks.
- Worksheets for practical lessons on some of the topics where practical learning is more necessary.
All resources are designed to be fully adaptable and hopefully suit your teaching context well.
The resources will give me a terms worth (12 weeks) of teaching but can also be adapted to fit shorter or longer time periods.
Feedback would be very useful. Hope they help!
A comprehensive 22-page student work booklet on the topic of The Sociology of Sport as part of the Sport and Society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Once completed the students should have a strong grasp of the topic and be much more confident handling the concepts.
Each key concept is covered in depth with learning objectives, activities and definitions included throughout.
Also included is a PowerPoint presentation, designed to be a teacher aid to teach the key topics and guide students through the info, which matches the work booklet.
- What is the sociology of sport?
- Social control & social change
- Social Issues
- Social Stratification & social class
- Social action theory & the interactionist approach.
Engaging tasks and independent research are included throughout.
The resources can be easily adapted and have provided me with a terms worth of teaching.
A set of resources covering the content related to the Post World War II Sport and Society sub-topic as part of the AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included are resources on:
- Commercialism, sponsorship and the media
- The impact of social media on sport
- Development of Athletics
- Development of Football
- Development of Tennis.
Content covered on the 3 sports also includes industrial/post-industrial Britain material.
46% saving on buying separately.
A set of cards with exam questions on and space to revise for the socio-cultural studies section on the new AQA GCSE PE Spec.
Each card includes;
- Title of key topic
- Two spaces for revision (one for notes/bullet points & one for a mind map with a picture)
- 3 Exam questions (1 for each Assessment Objective - K&U, Application, and Analysis)
- Space for peer feedback at the bottom of the page.
Can easily be adapted to create more and/or add in different topics.
A whole set of resources covering a wide range of topics for teaching Sport and Society as part of the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
Package 1 of 2.
51% saving on buying separately!
These have served me extremely well in my first year of teaching Sport and Society.
Feedback would be extremely helpful.
Please see below for Bundle 2...
Sport and Society teaching resources Bundle 2 of 2 for the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
39% Saving on buying separately
For Bundle 1, please see below...
A PowerPoint lesson on the role of gender as a potential barrier to sport and physical activity, included in the Sport & Society section of the new A-Level PE spec.
The lesson is designed to be discussion based and can end up going in several directions. The starter activity is key to engaging the students into the lesson so spend a good amount of time on that.
Learning Objectives are included and can be used to assess learning at the end of the lesson.
Print off a copy of the slides with notes for each students to follow along and write down their thoughts.
A set of resources covering the benefits of raising participation in sport and physical activity and the potential barriers to participation in sport.
Part of the Sport & Society module on the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
30% saving on buying separately.
A set of resources on Spectator Behaviour as part of the socio-cultural studies module on the new AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A teaching PowerPoint including all of the key content and tasks to provoke discussion
- A learning mat for students to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the topic.
A set of resources on 'Ethical conduct by performers' as part of the socio-cultural studies on the new AQA GCSE PE 9-1 Spec.
Key topics covered; etiquette, sportsmanship, gamesmanship, contract to compete & performance enhancing drugs.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the students through the key info (with the help of Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray!)
- A student handout to match with space to fill in all of the key info
- A Performance Enhancing Drugs Fact file template (with an example of one filled in)
- A PED's Case Study activity
Once completed the students will have massively increased their knowledge & understanding of ethical conduct by performers in sport & how performance enhancing drugs work and what the different types are.
Very adaptable for any context & differentiated learning outcomes are included.
A scheme of Work for Cricket designed to be taught to Year 3 students but can easily be used for any KS2 Year group.
When adapted for Y4, 5 & 6 I have managed to get 4 terms worth of teaching from it.
Includes lessons on;
- Intro to Cricket & Batting
- Competitive Games
- Assessment of Skills
Learning Objectives & success criteria are included for every lesson, as well as Assessment criteria for the whole unit.
Each lesson is outlined with;
- An active, engaging warm up
- Key coaching points
- Technique activities
- Skill activities
- Game-related activities
- Assessment for learning questions
A Whole terms worth of teaching resources covering the socio-cultural studies topic as part of the new GCSE PE Spec.
- Social groups & factors affecting participation
- The commercialisation of sport
- The impact of technology on sport
- Ethical Conduct by performers
- Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs)
- Spectator Behaviour
51% saving on buying separately!
A PowerPoint presentation on how ethnicity can be a barrier to participation in sport & possible solutions to overcome those barriers.
The lesson is designed to be discussion based & opportunities for engagement are included throughout.
During my lesson I printed off a copy of the slides for students to take notes
A set of revision sheets for the Post World War II topic as part of the sport & society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
- Social Media
- The Media
- The Golden Triangle
- The emergence of female athletes
- The rationalisation of athletics
- The rationalisation of tennis
Famous athletes help bring the topics to life!
Exam questions are also included on each topic.
Each sheet is designed to increase and test the students knowledge based on the 3 main Assessment Objectives of the spec.
A work booklet for rational recreation as part as the sport and society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included is a topic on a page style revision booklet for each of the key areas of the topic;
- What was rational recreation?
- The industrial revolution
- The Transport Revolution
- The influence of the church
- The middle classes
- The British empire
- Public provision
- The characteristics of rational recreation
On each page is a space for the students to summarise the key content and answer exam questions on the topic.
Wayne Rooney, Gareth Southgate, Delle Alli & Alex Greenwood help bring the topic to life!
At the end the students are then asked to produce a report for young athletes on the development of sport during the popular and rational recreation phases.
Resources for a lesson 'The impact of technology on sport & physical activity' included in the socio-cultural studies section of the new AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation including all of the key content for the topic and engaging tasks.
- A student handout that matches the PowerPoint to guide students through the lesson & content.
- Analysing the positives & negatives of technology
- Interpreting data
- A class debate on a contemporary issue within the topic.
Jess Ennis, Andy Murray & Mo Farah help bring the topic to life!
A lesson on the commercialisation of physical activity & sport as part of the socio-cultural studies topic on the NEW AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the teacher through the lesson
- A student handout that matches it with space to fill in the key information & plenty of engaging activities.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah and Andy Murray help bring the topic to life!
A 22-page revision booklet covering all of the key topics in the Applied Anatomy & Physiology section on the new AQA GCSE PE 9-1 Spec.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray help bring the topics to life!
Alternatively the sheets can be used individually.
Key areas covered:
- The skeletal system
- The muscular system
- The cardio-respiratory system
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Exercise
- The effects of exercise
A lesson on Family, friends & Peers - one of the social factors that affects participation - as part of the socio-cultural studies module on the New AQA 9-1 GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the teacher through the lesson
- A student handout that matches the tasks and learning on the PowerPoint
Follows a similar pattern as the other 'social factors' lessons.
A lesson on how aging effects participation and performance in sport which is included in the socio-cultural studies section of the NEW AQA GCSE PE spec.
The PowerPoint and lesson handout match & the lesson includes;
- A starter activity. Here students are asked to brainstorm their ideas on how aging effects participation in sport
- An overview of the key learning points for the topic.
- A whole class task requiring students to be split up into group and plan an activity to help an individual maintain healthy levels of fitness throughout their life.
- Students, in their groups, are then required to present their ideas to the class at the end.
- This will then inevitably lead to a discussion-led plenary enabling the teacher to see how well the students have learned the key concepts.
A 4-page revision resource for the topic of Popular Recreation in pre-industrial Britain as part of the Sport and Society topic in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
The resource will take the students through all of the key content in the topic challenging them to come up with the correct answers and apply them accurately to the case study sports.
- The Socio-cultural factors
- The Characteristics
- A Summary of how the two link together
- Mob football & real tennis
- Exam questions
- Visually appealing tasks
- A section for students to check their understanding
Can be adapted into any format (e.g. a mini-booklet, A3 Poster, A4 worksheets)
More to follow...
A set of revision sheets on the 'amateurism & professionalism' section in the sport & society module as part of the New A-Level AQA PE spec.
Topic on a page style.
Designed to summarize the key content & improve the students' understanding of it.
Alastair Cook, Pamela Cookey & Owen Farrell help guide the students through the topic!
Can be made into a work booklet with the other topic-on-a=page revision sheets for Sport & Society
A selection of lessons on the main social factors that affect participation in sport and physical activity as part of the socio-cultural studies topic on the new AQA GCSE PE Spec.
- Family, Friends & Peers
There is a PowerPoint & student handout for each.
42% saving on buying separately.
Resources for a lesson on 'Ethnicity' as part of the socio-cultural studies module on the NEW AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation for the teacher to guide the students through the key content and task
- An activity sheet on based around analyzing athletes' experiences of how ethnicity has impacted their sporting careers.