A full set of resources covering all content included in the sports psychology section of the New GCSE Spec. (2016)
- A scheme of work for the whole topic that can easily be adapted.
- 8 PowerPoint presentations and student handouts - 1 for each sub topic. All contain LO's, success criteria, all the key content presented visually, and engaging tasks.
- Worksheets for practical lessons on some of the topics where practical learning is more necessary.
All resources are designed to be fully adaptable and hopefully suit your teaching context well.
The resources will give me a terms worth (12 weeks) of teaching but can also be adapted to fit shorter or longer time periods.
Feedback would be very useful. Hope they help!
A comprehensive 22-page student work booklet on the topic of The Sociology of Sport as part of the Sport and Society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Once completed the students should have a strong grasp of the topic and be much more confident handling the concepts.
Each key concept is covered in depth with learning objectives, activities and definitions included throughout.
Also included is a PowerPoint presentation, designed to be a teacher aid to teach the key topics and guide students through the info, which matches the work booklet.
- What is the sociology of sport?
- Social control & social change
- Social Issues
- Social Stratification & social class
- Social action theory & the interactionist approach.
Engaging tasks and independent research are included throughout.
The resources can be easily adapted and have provided me with a terms worth of teaching.
A set of resources covering the content related to the Post World War II Sport and Society sub-topic as part of the AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included are resources on:
- Commercialism, sponsorship and the media
- The impact of social media on sport
- Development of Athletics
- Development of Football
- Development of Tennis.
Content covered on the 3 sports also includes industrial/post-industrial Britain material.
46% saving on buying separately.
A series of 5 lessons on the development of elite performers in sport as part of the year 2 Sport & Society content on the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
1. Personal & Social Factors
3. National Governing Bodies
4. Talent Identification
5. UK Sport - World Class Performance Programme & Gold Event Series
All lesson follow a consistent easy-to-use format & include a PP & student handout for each.
Very adaptable and can be easily differentiated.
35% saving on buying separately!
A comprehensive 44-page PowerPoint presentation on 'Ethics in Sport' as part of the Year 2 Sport & Society module on the AQA A-Level PE spec.
- The Olympic Oath
- The Win Ethic
- Positive & Negative Deviance
For each topic there is a starter activity, all of the key info, class tasks, links to videos, recap tasks and independent research activities.
Exam questions are also included to test the student's knowledge.
A lesson on introducing fitness testing to the students as part of the new AQA GCSE PE specification in the physical training module.
- A PowerPoint presentation to guide the lesson. Includes an engaging starter, all the key content, video/analysis task on fitness testing in rugby, section on Data, plenary activity.
- A student handout to match it
- A 6 mark exam question with differentiated guidance.
The lesson is designed to lead on perfectly to conducting the different fitness tests.
The final lesson (5 of 5) on The Development of Elite Performers in Sport as part of the year 2 Sport & Society content included in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
This lesson looks at UK Sport's World Class Performance Programme & Gold Event Series. It will give the students an overview of the 2 initiatives and then require them to do some research on the areas.
The PowerPoint & student handout includes;
- Starter activity
- Learning Objectives
- Recap of last lesson
- WCPP information
- Gold Event Series information
- Research task (and then preparing a news item for BBC news)
- Exam question on Talent ID
Lesson 4 on the topic of the development of elite performers in sport included in the Year 2 Sport & Society module on the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
This lesson covers talent development & support services and will get the students analysing Talent ID programmes and how they are used to create elite performers.
- A PowerPoint presentation (with engaging starter and tasks, all the key info, research activities and video links)
- A student handout to match it.
This is lesson 4 of 5 on this topic.
Lesson 3 of 5 on The Development of Elite Performers in Sport included in the sport & society module on the year 2 content of the new A-level AQA PE spec.
The lesson will guide the students through the role of National Governing Bodies in providing support and progression for elite performers.
Included is :
- A PowerPoint presentation with all of the key info on and research tasks for students to complete.
- A Student handout that matches it.
The lesson follows on from 1. personal & social factors and 2. organisations that provide support
Feedback would be great.
Lesson 2 covering The Development of Elite Performers in Sport, looking at the organisations which provide support & progression (Sport England & the National Institutes of Sport) as part of the Sport and Society in Year 2 of the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the lesson with an engaging starter, recap, LO'S, all of the key content and research tasks with helpful video links.
- A student handout that matches the PP.
Resources can be easily adapted and LO's help with differentiation.
The first lesson of a series on The Development of Elite Performers in Sport as part of the Year 2 sport and society content on the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
This lesson introduces the topic and covers the personal, social & cultural factors that contribute to the development of elite performers in sport.
- A PowerPoint presentation to guide the lesson which includes an engaging starter and intro to the topic, learning objectives, all of the key content, tasks/activities and a 6-mark exam question.
- A student handout which matches the PowerPoint.
A lesson on the concept of Physical Education as part of the Sport and Society module on Year 2 of the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
- A PowerPoint guiding the lesson including key content, differentiated learning objectives & activities, an independent research task and engaging starter and plenary.
- A student handout to match it.
To be taught after teaching the concepts of Physical Recreation & Sport.
A comprehensive 47 slide PowerPoint presentation for teaching the concepts of physical activity and sport as part of the Year 2 Sport and Society content.
- Intro to the concepts
- Physical Recreation
- Physical Education
- Similarities & differences
A 25 page student work booklet is also included for students to note down all of the key information, complete engaging tasks and research activities, as well as attempt exam questions on the topic.
Learning Objectives are included for each lesson that are differentiated based on the Assessment Objectives from the spec.
For each topic students are taught and then required to:
- Know it!
- Apply it!
- Analyse it!
A lesson on the 'concept of Sport' as part of the Sport and Society module in the Year 2 content on the new AQA A-Level PE specification.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the lesson. An engaging starter, learning objectives, key content, tasks, exam question and plenary are all included.
- A student handout to match the PowerPoint with an extended exam question at the end to assess learning.
A lesson introducing the 'concepts of physical activity & sport' and 'Physical Recreation' as part of the Year 2 content in Sport and Society on the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included is a;
- PowerPoint presentation giving an overview of the topic, explaining the key characteristics & functions of Physical Recreation and includes engaging tasks and activities throughout.
- A student handout that matches it and will guide students through the key content. Includes an exam question at the end as well and a stretch & challenge Homework task.
A student work booklet that includes tasks on all of the different fitness tests they will complete as part of the Physical Training module in the New 1-9 AQA GCSE PE spec.
The booklet includes a page on all of the fitness tests for students to complete;
- Agility. Illinois agility test
- Balance. Stork stand test.
- Cardiovascular endurance. MSFT
- Coordination. Wall toss test
- Flexibility. Sit and reach test
- Muscular Endurance. Sit up bleep test.
- Power. The vertical jump test
- Reaction time. The ruler drop test
- Speed. 30 metre sprint test
- Strength. Handgrip dynamometer test & one rep max test
After completing each test students are required to fill in the key information on it, apply it sport & analyse its effectiveness.
There is an extended exam question at the end and a data task to assess the students' understanding.
A set of resources for teaching 'Sport England's and local/national partners' aim to increase participation of under-represented groups' as part of the Sport and Society module on the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
- A PowerPoint Presentation which contains an engaging starter, Differentiated learning objectives, all of the key content for the topic, a research task and a plenary activity.
- A Student Handout to match it.
- An Extended exam question.
Can easily be adapted to differentiate for different types of learners.
A lesson on the components of fitness as part of the physical training module on the new AQA GCSE PE 1-9 spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation to guide the lesson. (Starter activity, key info on all 10 components of fitness, activities and practical lesson idea all included)
- A student handout to match it for students to log their learning and complete the tasks.
- A 6 mark extended answer exam question
The resources can easily be differentiated to make learning more challenging or more accessible.
A work booklet for rational recreation as part as the sport and society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included is a topic on a page style revision booklet for each of the key areas of the topic;
- What was rational recreation?
- The industrial revolution
- The Transport Revolution
- The influence of the church
- The middle classes
- The British empire
- Public provision
- The characteristics of rational recreation
On each page is a space for the students to summarise the key content and answer exam questions on the topic.
Wayne Rooney, Gareth Southgate, Delle Alli & Alex Greenwood help bring the topic to life!
At the end the students are then asked to produce a report for young athletes on the development of sport during the popular and rational recreation phases.
A lesson on Health and Fitness as part of the physical training in the New GCSE PE AQA 9-1 spec.
The lesson serves as an excellent introduction to the physical training module and will see the students defining health & fitness, creating their own fitness activity for their sport (which can then be done in a practical lesson), & analysing why health and fitness is important for their sport.
- A PowerPoint to guide the teaching and learning of the lesson
- A Student handout to complete the tasks and log their learning.
- An extended answer exam question
A set of resources on 'Ethical conduct by performers' as part of the socio-cultural studies on the new AQA GCSE PE 9-1 Spec.
Key topics covered; etiquette, sportsmanship, gamesmanship, contract to compete & performance enhancing drugs.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the students through the key info (with the help of Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray!)
- A student handout to match with space to fill in all of the key info
- A Performance Enhancing Drugs Fact file template (with an example of one filled in)
- A PED's Case Study activity
Once completed the students will have massively increased their knowledge & understanding of ethical conduct by performers in sport & how performance enhancing drugs work and what the different types are.
Very adaptable for any context & differentiated learning outcomes are included.
A 4-page revision resource for the topic of Popular Recreation in pre-industrial Britain as part of the Sport and Society topic in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
The resource will take the students through all of the key content in the topic challenging them to come up with the correct answers and apply them accurately to the case study sports.
- The Socio-cultural factors
- The Characteristics
- A Summary of how the two link together
- Mob football & real tennis
- Exam questions
- Visually appealing tasks
- A section for students to check their understanding
Can be adapted into any format (e.g. a mini-booklet, A3 Poster, A4 worksheets)
More to follow...
A Summer Holidays homework booklet designed to prepare students for the Physical Training topic (as well as improve their levels of fitness) as part of the New AQA GCSE PE spec.
Included is a section to complete the key learning points for:
- The components of fitness
- The principles of training
- The types of training
The activity involves students designing a week-by-week fitness program for themselves, applying the components of fitness, principles of training & types of training as they go along.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray help bring the booklet to life!