A full set of resources covering all content included in the sports psychology section of the New GCSE Spec. (2016)
- A scheme of work for the whole topic that can easily be adapted.
- 8 PowerPoint presentations and student handouts - 1 for each sub topic. All contain LO's, success criteria, all the key content presented visually, and engaging tasks.
- Worksheets for practical lessons on some of the topics where practical learning is more necessary.
All resources are designed to be fully adaptable and hopefully suit your teaching context well.
The resources will give me a terms worth (12 weeks) of teaching but can also be adapted to fit shorter or longer time periods.
Feedback would be very useful. Hope they help!
A comprehensive 22-page student work booklet on the topic of The Sociology of Sport as part of the Sport and Society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Once completed the students should have a strong grasp of the topic and be much more confident handling the concepts.
Each key concept is covered in depth with learning objectives, activities and definitions included throughout.
Also included is a PowerPoint presentation, designed to be a teacher aid to teach the key topics and guide students through the info, which matches the work booklet.
- What is the sociology of sport?
- Social control & social change
- Social Issues
- Social Stratification & social class
- Social action theory & the interactionist approach.
Engaging tasks and independent research are included throughout.
The resources can be easily adapted and have provided me with a terms worth of teaching.
A set of resources covering the content related to the Post World War II Sport and Society sub-topic as part of the AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included are resources on:
- Commercialism, sponsorship and the media
- The impact of social media on sport
- Development of Athletics
- Development of Football
- Development of Tennis.
Content covered on the 3 sports also includes industrial/post-industrial Britain material.
46% saving on buying separately.
A set of resources for teaching 'Sport England's and local/national partners' aim to increase participation of under-represented groups' as part of the Sport and Society module on the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
- A PowerPoint Presentation which contains an engaging starter, Differentiated learning objectives, all of the key content for the topic, a research task and a plenary activity.
- A Student Handout to match it.
- An Extended exam question.
Can easily be adapted to differentiate for different types of learners.
A lesson on the components of fitness as part of the physical training module on the new AQA GCSE PE 1-9 spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation to guide the lesson. (Starter activity, key info on all 10 components of fitness, activities and practical lesson idea all included)
- A student handout to match it for students to log their learning and complete the tasks.
- A 6 mark extended answer exam question
The resources can easily be differentiated to make learning more challenging or more accessible.
A lesson on Health and Fitness as part of the physical training in the New GCSE PE AQA 9-1 spec.
The lesson serves as an excellent introduction to the physical training module and will see the students defining health & fitness, creating their own fitness activity for their sport (which can then be done in a practical lesson), & analysing why health and fitness is important for their sport.
- A PowerPoint to guide the teaching and learning of the lesson
- A Student handout to complete the tasks and log their learning.
- An extended answer exam question
A Summer Holidays homework booklet designed to prepare students for the Physical Training topic (as well as improve their levels of fitness) as part of the New AQA GCSE PE spec.
Included is a section to complete the key learning points for:
- The components of fitness
- The principles of training
- The types of training
The activity involves students designing a week-by-week fitness program for themselves, applying the components of fitness, principles of training & types of training as they go along.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray help bring the booklet to life!
A set of resources on 'Ethical conduct by performers' as part of the socio-cultural studies on the new AQA GCSE PE 9-1 Spec.
Key topics covered; etiquette, sportsmanship, gamesmanship, contract to compete & performance enhancing drugs.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the students through the key info (with the help of Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray!)
- A student handout to match with space to fill in all of the key info
- A Performance Enhancing Drugs Fact file template (with an example of one filled in)
- A PED's Case Study activity
Once completed the students will have massively increased their knowledge & understanding of ethical conduct by performers in sport & how performance enhancing drugs work and what the different types are.
Very adaptable for any context & differentiated learning outcomes are included.
A set of cards with exam questions on and space to revise for the socio-cultural studies section on the new AQA GCSE PE Spec.
Each card includes;
- Title of key topic
- Two spaces for revision (one for notes/bullet points & one for a mind map with a picture)
- 3 Exam questions (1 for each Assessment Objective - K&U, Application, and Analysis)
- Space for peer feedback at the bottom of the page.
Can easily be adapted to create more and/or add in different topics.
A work booklet for rational recreation as part as the sport and society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
Included is a topic on a page style revision booklet for each of the key areas of the topic;
- What was rational recreation?
- The industrial revolution
- The Transport Revolution
- The influence of the church
- The middle classes
- The British empire
- Public provision
- The characteristics of rational recreation
On each page is a space for the students to summarise the key content and answer exam questions on the topic.
Wayne Rooney, Gareth Southgate, Delle Alli & Alex Greenwood help bring the topic to life!
At the end the students are then asked to produce a report for young athletes on the development of sport during the popular and rational recreation phases.
A whole set of resources covering a wide range of topics for teaching Sport and Society as part of the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
Package 1 of 2.
51% saving on buying separately!
These have served me extremely well in my first year of teaching Sport and Society.
Feedback would be extremely helpful.
Please see below for Bundle 2...
A set of resources on Spectator Behaviour as part of the socio-cultural studies module on the new AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A teaching PowerPoint including all of the key content and tasks to provoke discussion
- A learning mat for students to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the topic.
A PowerPoint lesson on the role of gender as a potential barrier to sport and physical activity, included in the Sport & Society section of the new A-Level PE spec.
The lesson is designed to be discussion based and can end up going in several directions. The starter activity is key to engaging the students into the lesson so spend a good amount of time on that.
Learning Objectives are included and can be used to assess learning at the end of the lesson.
Print off a copy of the slides with notes for each students to follow along and write down their thoughts.
Sport and Society teaching resources Bundle 2 of 2 for the New AQA A-Level PE spec.
39% Saving on buying separately
For Bundle 1, please see below...
A set of resources covering the benefits of raising participation in sport and physical activity and the potential barriers to participation in sport.
Part of the Sport & Society module on the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
30% saving on buying separately.
A scheme of Work for Cricket designed to be taught to Year 3 students but can easily be used for any KS2 Year group.
When adapted for Y4, 5 & 6 I have managed to get 4 terms worth of teaching from it.
Includes lessons on;
- Intro to Cricket & Batting
- Competitive Games
- Assessment of Skills
Learning Objectives & success criteria are included for every lesson, as well as Assessment criteria for the whole unit.
Each lesson is outlined with;
- An active, engaging warm up
- Key coaching points
- Technique activities
- Skill activities
- Game-related activities
- Assessment for learning questions
A Whole terms worth of teaching resources covering the socio-cultural studies topic as part of the new GCSE PE Spec.
- Social groups & factors affecting participation
- The commercialisation of sport
- The impact of technology on sport
- Ethical Conduct by performers
- Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs)
- Spectator Behaviour
- Revision Cards
53% saving on buying separately!
A PowerPoint presentation on how ethnicity can be a barrier to participation in sport & possible solutions to overcome those barriers.
The lesson is designed to be discussion based & opportunities for engagement are included throughout.
During my lesson I printed off a copy of the slides for students to take notes
Resources for a lesson 'The impact of technology on sport & physical activity' included in the socio-cultural studies section of the new AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation including all of the key content for the topic and engaging tasks.
- A student handout that matches the PowerPoint to guide students through the lesson & content.
- Analysing the positives & negatives of technology
- Interpreting data
- A class debate on a contemporary issue within the topic.
Jess Ennis, Andy Murray & Mo Farah help bring the topic to life!
A 4-page revision resource for the topic of Popular Recreation in pre-industrial Britain as part of the Sport and Society topic in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
The resource will take the students through all of the key content in the topic challenging them to come up with the correct answers and apply them accurately to the case study sports.
- The Socio-cultural factors
- The Characteristics
- A Summary of how the two link together
- Mob football & real tennis
- Exam questions
- Visually appealing tasks
- A section for students to check their understanding
Can be adapted into any format (e.g. a mini-booklet, A3 Poster, A4 worksheets)
More to follow...
A set of revision sheets for the Post World War II topic as part of the sport & society module in the new AQA A-Level PE spec.
- Social Media
- The Media
- The Golden Triangle
- The emergence of female athletes
- The rationalisation of athletics
- The rationalisation of tennis
Famous athletes help bring the topics to life!
Exam questions are also included on each topic.
Each sheet is designed to increase and test the students knowledge based on the 3 main Assessment Objectives of the spec.
A lesson on the commercialisation of physical activity & sport as part of the socio-cultural studies topic on the NEW AQA GCSE PE spec.
- A PowerPoint presentation guiding the teacher through the lesson
- A student handout that matches it with space to fill in the key information & plenty of engaging activities.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah and Andy Murray help bring the topic to life!
A 22-page revision booklet covering all of the key topics in the Applied Anatomy & Physiology section on the new AQA GCSE PE 9-1 Spec.
Jess Ennis, Mo Farah & Andy Murray help bring the topics to life!
Alternatively the sheets can be used individually.
Key areas covered:
- The skeletal system
- The muscular system
- The cardio-respiratory system
- Aerobic & Anaerobic Exercise
- The effects of exercise